Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Back To School...

Back to school, to prove to dad that I'm not a fool...

Not really, but every time I say "back to school", that song comes to mind (from the movie Billy Madison if you're not familiar... YouTube it!).

I went back to school for the first time last Monday after only spending 4.5 weeks at home after surgery. It felt good to be back and be back into a normal routine. I was very tired, especially toward the end of each day, but I felt like it will help me get closer to 100% sooner. I did end up leaving school early on Thursday afternoon in order to take a nap and recover before coming back for our concert on Thursday night. Being at the concert was so refreshing. Not only did I get to see all the band families for the first time since surgery, I also got to make awesome music on stage with a bunch of teenagers. This night definitely confirmed the fact that I love my job and was so happy to be back (even if I was worn out!).

Other than returning to work, not a whole lot has happened since my last update. The bag changes are going well and I have still had no leaks (knock on wood) since the big blowout in the hospital. I am supposed to be receiving some samples from Hollister so that I can try out some new products (pre sized skin barriers and some without the cloth border, just to try something different). I am also going to order my second set of supplies before the end of the year. Hopefully, I can get enough supplies to last for a while since my deductible resets at the beginning of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment