Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day Before Surgery

Today is the day before surgery and it has been a relaxing, yet strange day.

I woke up today and instantly felt nervous about what tomorrow brings. I took a shower, and fixed a cup of coffee which helped me relax a little bit. I am on a liquid diet and have been STARVING all day. While pouring my cup of coffee, I realized that it was probably my last for a little while (coffee is on the no-no list right after surgery and potentially long term as well :( All day, I found myself thinking of all the "lasts" I will have today: Last cup of coffee; last shower with no bag or scars; last bowel prep (PTL!); The list goes on but gets a bit more graphic, so I'll spare you some of the details!

Movi Prep - 2 parts battery acid, 1 part cow urine...
Really terrible!
I tried to keep myself busy this morning and afternoon by running some errands and going to vote. I also got a haircut since I may not be able to do this for a while (not the best haircut I've ever gotten either, but I'll probably look like hell for a little while so it doesn't really matter).

Overall, I'm pretty relaxed and am not extremely nervous yet. I think I may be more nervous about drinking the Movi Prep than I am about surgery at this point. I'll update later and let you know how the prep is going (without too much detail I promise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment