Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Telling My Kids

Today was the day I've been dreading for months... I finally told all my students that I will be gone for 4 or 5 weeks. Luckily, I didn't loose it in front of the kids like it thought I might and all went very well. I did have a few kids get emotional, which honestly surprised me a little bit, but I guess it's nice to know they care as much about me as I care about them!

Also, I have started feeling better because of the steroids and antibiotics (in spite of the upset stomach thanks to the drugs). I finally got my voice back too (not totally, but mostly).

Now, I am enjoying my first Friday night without 220 High School students since August 31st, and it is pretty nice! Tomorrow is our last band competition, and then that ever elusive "free time" returns! Can't wait to see the kids perform tomorrow, but also can't wait to leave school at 4:15 on Monday and not have to worry about marching band!


No comments:

Post a Comment